Dear my beloved and devoted readers..
I am Grateful for:
- Sheep. “Sheep are not very smart, they get themselves in all kinds of trouble. They will get their heads caught because the 10 acres of grass they have isn’t good enough and they have to try to get the little patch through the fence that looks a tad bit greener. Sheep will eat the wrong things that cause them to get sick and they will overeat and literally kill themselves if you’re not watchful.” A magnificent quote from a blogger I just began following (https://kickitwithbickett.com/sheep-need-a-shepherd/). This most precisely explains…MY LIFE. I cannot recount the number of times I have gotten my “head caught in the fence” when I was CONVINCED..that the grass was greener…. or perhaps better… on the other side. And NOW amount of mayonnaise or peanut butter would help to dislodge my big dumb head from the predicament for which I had crammed myself into. I would have to just REMAIN..BREATHE ..and eventually..
My big dumb head would figure out a way to extract itself from the aforementioned fiasco.
HOWEVER…. we should also be reminded that sheep offer us their beautiful coat, which provides us with countless amenities, such as scarves, hats, socks. etc. So while they aint’ so smart…they can still provide beauty …and keep us warm. 🙂
2. 63 degrees. This was the high temperature in Raleigh, NC today. And I sincerely apologize to those of you, especially out West, who are enduring UNBEARABLE FRIGID conditions.
Because you are SO MUCH STRONGER THAN I. As given my current state of vulnerability, + easily crumble-ilty, I’m unsure I could endure such severe weather. Thus, I am grateful to be graced with the weather today, which afforded me at least ONE day of reprieve…from the frigid, the cold, the UNBEARABLE…
in effin’…FEBRUARY!!! 😉
3. My neighbors kiddo-s. I hear them stammering up the stairs of my apartment complex every day after school, hollering , laughing, causing an obnoxious commotion. But as I “tread” on the anxiety/depression wheel in my lil ole’ 1 bedroom, I cannot help but stop..listen…INHALE ..the laughter… and subsequently ….LAUGH myself. This commotion is a welcomed reprieve to my otherwise rigid existence. The sound of their laughter, their shouting, their tiny footsteps clamoring up the two flights…immediately..
Tears me from my “anxiety wheel” …and helps me **GASP**..
…and realize I should not take this life ..
SO here’s hoping that YOU TOO..my devoted reader might find ..
- A warm, fuzzy hat/socks/mittens courtesy of those “not so smart” sheep.
- Some warmth, or an appreciation of any “warmth” that you might find in your respective location.
- Kidd-os…that might snap you out of your “wheel”, and encourage you to clamor up the steps of your life, yelling, laughing, creating a commotion… and not taking this life …
Until next time my loves…